About the site

Mabuhay!

This blog is about postcards, covers and stamps received. I also included some of my favorite stamps in my collection.

Feel free to contact me at jpstampcollector@gmail.com if you want a cover or mint stamps exchange.
I am interested in birds / marine life / commercial aviation / military / religious theme (like Popes, Saints and Churches) / famous historical events from your country / Joint stamp issues with Philippines. Year of the Rabbit (2011), Year of the Tiger (2010), Year of the Dragon (2012)

For covers, please limit envelope size to 220mm x 140mm

My birthday is on December 31. I'd really appreciate if you can send me a letter on that day with a birthday greeting.

I am currently working in an IT company, but I can still manage to find some time to go to post office to send postcards and letters.
I like commercial aviation and I collect die cast airplanes. I also love to do travel photography and interact with different people and learn their culture.

Feel free to browse this blog site and I would appreciate if you leave any comments / remarks.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

#10 Postcard - Korea (2010-10-07)

Thank you again Choonjong for the nice postcard and postmarks!

The commemorative postcard has a built-in stamp of Callipogon Relictus, a species of longhorn beetle. This insect was already featured on a stamp issued by the Korean Post in 1966.

There were two additional definitive stamps used in front. The first one was issued last February 3, 2006. It depicts an orchid named Crinum (Crinum asiaticumvar. Japonicum Baker). The second one was issued last September 10, 2001 and illustrates wild grapes (Vitis amurensis Ruprecht).

There are 4 special postmarks issued on September 29, 2010. These are about different sites in Korea.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

You've shared the Covers, it's very great. Thank you so much for sharing
Tongi Postcard

Unknown said...

I can see the hardwork done by the blog owner.Keep Posting such great things again.Looking forward for your next post.
panna postal code

Flying with Anne said...

Heello mate nice post