About the site

Mabuhay!

This blog is about postcards, covers and stamps received. I also included some of my favorite stamps in my collection.

Feel free to contact me at jpstampcollector@gmail.com if you want a cover or mint stamps exchange.
I am interested in birds / marine life / commercial aviation / military / religious theme (like Popes, Saints and Churches) / famous historical events from your country / Joint stamp issues with Philippines. Year of the Rabbit (2011), Year of the Tiger (2010), Year of the Dragon (2012)

For covers, please limit envelope size to 220mm x 140mm

My birthday is on December 31. I'd really appreciate if you can send me a letter on that day with a birthday greeting.

I am currently working in an IT company, but I can still manage to find some time to go to post office to send postcards and letters.
I like commercial aviation and I collect die cast airplanes. I also love to do travel photography and interact with different people and learn their culture.

Feel free to browse this blog site and I would appreciate if you leave any comments / remarks.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

#8 Cover and Stamps - Singapore (2010-09-07)

A friend of mine from Singapore sent me sets of stamps. I sent sets of stamps in return to complete our trade. Many thanks to Adeline.

The cover has 4 different stamps.
The 1st stamp is a definitive stamp issued last 1997 showing a double decker bus.
The 2nd stamp is a part of National Monuments set with 6 stamps issued this year. It shows the Hwa Chong Institution Clock Tower.
The 3rd stamp is a part of Singapore - Indonesia Joint Issue set of 2009. It shows the Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, which means "Beautiful Indonesia Miniature Park"
The 4th stamp is a parrt of Singapore Youth Olympic Games set issued this Year. This is the first ever Youth Olympic Games.



The stamps inside are:

1. Military Planes of Singapore miniature sheet issued last 2003.



2. Civil Aviation of Singapore miniature sheet issued last 2003



3. Undersea World miniature sheet issued last 2006.


4. Set of stamps
a. 40 years of Singapore Air Force issued last 2008, 5 stamps in a set
b. Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3 issued last 2008, 4 stamps in a set
c. Nature Series issued last 2007, 4 stamps showing fishes




No comments: